Monday, June 18, 2007

Weekend photo missions


Last week was a bit colder than you'd expect for this winter. An illusion is caused by having very little snow on the hills, but the cold air, which is very dry, is from climes further south. While this persists we can expect "cold" and little snow. So I was quite proud of myself getting up in this cold and heading off this Sat. morning up Mt Iron before dawn so as to be on top for the first touches of the sun. Sol turned out to be elusive however, but a hole in the clouds over Hawea Flat way gave some nice material to work with for some photos [one inc. here].

Roger is just back from Everest Base Camp and we had a great evening together a few days ago and browsed nearly a 1000 of his shots which distilled down into the best collection of big mountain shots I've ever seen. Quite an inspiration in fact.

It all went so well on Sat. I repeated it on Sunday, but with Roger and two of his friends. We were away at 6 am in well below freezing up Roy's Peak, or Mt Roy as it's now tending to be known as. It was a bit frantic as I wanted to be back by 11 am to go with Dougal to soccer. We made it, but I have to admit that the warm winter sun inspired a little snooze in me at 1 pm.
Share |

1 Comments:

Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

I especially like that first photo - it looks quite surreal and other wordly.

June 20, 2007 at 6:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home