Sunday, June 7, 2009

Using keywords to blog and draw attention to issues such as the renewed threat to the Clutha

Over the nearly two years I've been publishing this blog those of you original readers will note my subject matter has ranged somewhat, but been tied together by New Zealand landscape photography themes.

This has been a little deliberate as initially the whole concept was an experiment on how to use keywords to promote a web site, which is a part of my work. However before long family were the first to comment and their kind words prompted me to keep a limited public diary that has now grown into a useful place for approx. 100 readers per week to drop into.

The last few weeks many of you will have noticed a new theme: "Save Our Clutha River" [link to my previous post]. Well I'm unashamedly getting in early using keywords and phrases right here to attract visitors to links and photos, thereby raising awareness!

Today I did some more exploring of the Clutha - this time a curvy area known as Reko's near the Wanaka Airport. I figure it's now time to digitally document parts of this wonderful vibrant river and then publish often...
clutha-2.jpg

I can confirm to those of you with a landscape photography bent that I've tinkered somewhat playfully, breaking rules even, with exposure to bring out a tad of the low key look. It's just that the high quality tangental lighting of our early winter can be used on so many interesting levels when making a landscape image.

clutha-1.jpg

But wait there is more [we can do on Sundays]: This week's interesting heads up to Bob McKerrow's blog item "Mixed-gender dancing, drunkenness, and general merry-making on Sundays"






Labels: , , ,

Share |

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruahines said...

Kia ora Donald,
Make no apologies mate for bringing attention to the plight of these wonderful and wild places.
None of what National is doing gives me any confidence that they are not in total support and cahoots of the power company robber barons. I can think of 4 billion reasons to remain suspicous of them and be a voice for the wild. Kia kaha my friend.
Cheers,
Robb

June 12, 2009 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Bob McKerrow - Wayfarer said...

Dear Donald

Always a pleasure to read your blog and view your superb photos. Thanks for linking to my blog.

Bob

June 23, 2009 at 1:26 AM  
Blogger Donald said...

Hi Bob

I'm a bit behind with replies - this inversion weather slows me down with it's cold greyness plus the determination to out amongst it, or in this case above it, so work hopefully gets done, but other fun stuff in front of the screen suffers.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Donald

June 23, 2009 at 9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home