Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mud, snow and the delights of winter

It's been hard this weekend to choose to cross country ski, or take landscape photos. Both won out, but I passed on photography as it relates to the inevitable mud that gets underfoot, and settled for the light on Mt Cardrona and the Cardrona valley as below, near home here in Wanaka.

cardrona-snow-1.jpg

cardrona-snow-2.jpg

cardrona-snow-3.jpg

cardrona-snow-4.jpg

cardrona-snow-5.jpg

No site or blog recommends this weekend - I'm migrating all my work files to a new Mac, and they can't be accessed for a few hours. I got so excited about the day's shooting I downloaded the crop of photos to my laptop, which has the blog software on-board.
Share |

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Donald! I am coming to NZ this winter (first 22 days of August), I am an amateur photographer, and I was looking for some advice... I will be bringing my Nikon D90 with the 18-105mm kit lens, a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 wide angle and a Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 prime (plus a tripod and a SB-400 flash). I know, I know, probably too much gear... are there some places that I should not miss? is the NZ winter very harsh, should I protect my camera (bag has a plastic cover, but I don't have one for the camera...).

Thank you very much!

July 9, 2009 at 11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home