Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A mini holiday Dunedin

There is nothing like a break by the sea when you live inland, and Dunedin has always been one of my favourite cities weather aside.

I'm not normally fanatical about making sunset images, but the colour and this tree caught me here...
#alttext#

Carey's Bay
#alttext#

I've always known these as Ice Plants, and I'm probably wrong re. name, but the colour...
#alttext#

Purakanui...
#alttext#

The new Dunedin Stadium, that is causing quite a bit of controversy...
#alttext#

For myself no visit to Dunedin is complete without a visit to the Dunedin Botanical Gardens...
#alttext#

Roller derby enthusiast Polly-Anna agreed to a photo shoot while I was visiting the Sat. morning Farmer's Market, at the Dunedin Railway Station...
#alttext#

The Dunedin Railway Station's architecture is something I always marvel at...#alttext#

Wikipedia has a good article on the Railway Station

Labels: , , , ,

Share |

3 Comments:

Blogger Bob McKerrow - Wayfarer said...

Thanks for that delightful exhibition. I love Dunedin too. I was born there and lived there for the first 19 years of my life.

Your photography gets better, and better ! Or are cameras getting better and better ?

Thanks for taking me home for a few minutes.

December 14, 2010 at 4:30 PM  
Blogger Marg said...

lovely lovely photos of some of my favourite places in my favourite city.

December 14, 2010 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Ruahines said...

Kia ora Donald,
Looks like a great time. Dunedin is another place I must put on my places down south to visit. I hear Bob McKerrow was born there :).
Cheers,
Robb

December 15, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home