Sunday, June 22, 2008

Another landscape photo, twinkly eyes and dancing shoes

The Lindis pass has got to be one of the most photographed landscapes in New Zealand, and if you include snow tussock in the criteria it would be number one. I've certainly fallen prey many times to the stunning sunset photography opportunities and taken a few competent shots, but today returning from a family birthday party in Twizel I've got some shots I hope are a bit less typical - I certainly prefer this one over my past efforts...
lindis400-1.jpg

The party was to celebrate my cousin Malcolm's 70th birthday. He's very well known and respected in the Twizel community, so it was a big "do", and it was a good opportunity to exercise my portrait skills. He's one I like - Malcolm's sister Deirdre is in the background, and this is her grand daughter in the foreground...
lindis400-2.jpg

She's quite a dancer and we were captivated by this, her smile and shoes...
lindis400-2.5.jpg

The shoes...
lindis400-3.jpg
Share |

2 Comments:

Blogger Shirley Goodwin said...

Yup, I like the pepper drawing too. And the Lindis Pass - bet it looks a bit different after the promised snow!

June 23, 2008 at 6:39 AM  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Great photo of the Lindis.
Have just emailed Olivia telling her to look at the photos!

June 23, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home