Sunday, April 20, 2008

An eclectic post with links to Mt Hooker, Otematata Station and a view of the development under Mt Iron here in Wanaka

It's been a week of staying put preparing for winter etc. However I was active on the web.

I've finally finished a post on a trip I did to Mt Hooker over 30 years ago. Yes, you can even see some vintage "Donald" photos.

To pique your interest here is a picture of Gavin, at a later date, in his Piper Cub at Marks Flat under Mt Hooker. I'm hoping to publish that one too, as the trips just got better and better...
otoko8.jpg
see the full finished story here

With cousin Deirdre I built a blog during the week for her to populate with news from the recent centennial 1908 - 2008 of the Cameron Family at Otematata Station.

Deirdre grew up on Otematata Station, and here is her dad, [my uncle Jim] mustering with Laddie [pre 1969]...
jim_lau.jpg
see the blog here

And lastly here is a sunset shot I took last night while walking up Mt Iron of just some of the "too rapid" development in Wanaka of late...
sunset400-2.jpg



Share |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home