Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lost souls in the landscape

After a taste of skiing a few weeks back and now none I could be forgiven for behaving like a lost soul, but at the least the weather has been warm, but we're overdue for some inversions and low cloud, and maybe that'll present itself this week as a high pressure system builds and moves onto southern New Zealand.

So lost souls - what do they do to avoid cabin fever? One answer is review older photos for the blog.

This is another in a series of three taken last week [see last week's blog below]. The photographer never gets much time to work with this sort of light in dynamic weather systems - this one was taken only seconds apart from the first one...
dadsday400-2.jpg

To contrast the above, look how few clouds in the sky can change the dynamics in landscape photography. In the distance is Stevenson Island, where Dougal and I spent a week in summer helping look after the buff weka programme...
dadsday400-1.jpg

A per the norm of late the drawing lessons continue. Many people like this pepper drawing I did on Wed. and I'm starting to believe some who say I have a latent talent I can develop, but I think my onions have a ways to go...
dadsday400-3.jpg
Share |

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I miss the spectacular sceneries
B
and good drawing, was it chalk

June 21, 2008 at 11:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you realise the pix of the 8th and this is in the same place. what a difference
Wow!!!
B

June 21, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home