Sunday, July 12, 2009

Dog Sledding

I've been up cross country skiing a bit this week, but left it quite late each day. Anything to escape the cloud and see the sun as it's been miserable in Wanaka town itself for weeks now, where as up on the mountains the landscape has been bathed in sun most days.

On one of my regular "beats" a friend of mine was doing a photo shoot with prominent New Zealand dog sledding enthusiasts, so on Thurs. evening I popped into Meadow Hut for a brew and catch up. It was hard to tear myself away from the fire though and get back on the skis for 5 Km back to Lodge...
sled-dog-2.jpg

sled-dog-1.jpg

Once again descending the access road I was struck by the tonal values of the landscape in terms of photography, so stopped to make this quick photograph of the Branch Creek catchment in the Cardrona Valley...
branch-creek-cardrona.jpg

This week I'd like to draw your attention to the wonderful selection of winter photos on James McGregor's Met VUW web site

Labels: , , , , ,

Share |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home