Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Has this world learnt so little?

I refer to the rejoicing in the world over the death of Osama bin Laden, and my post here is so heart-felt I've not even replied to last week's comments!

One of my client/friends posted the below on his FB page. I find it very apt:
"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
--Martin Luther King, Jr.

We as a species need to take stock of how we function!

My friend Bob McKerrow has an interesting take on "taking tea with Osama bin Laden" some years back... more >>

So lets finish with some cheerful images: a little of autumn back-lit, a little expressing a less static landscape, and lastly how dusk settles on Lake Wanaka this time of year.

#alttext#

#alttext#

#alttext#

Labels: , ,

Share |

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruahines said...

Kia ora Donald,
As an American I am somewhat appalled by the rejoicing and celebrations happening. Once again there seems to be a refusal by the government and certainly its citizens to really ask ourselves why so much of the world hates America, or any mention of the fact this "terrorist" was once one of our cozy "freedom fighters". What I see is a nation that has now been at war for the better part of the last 20 years and has become used to violence, death, and revenge upon "others". The acceptance of such hateful and cringing views such as the Tea Partiers and far right wing makes me feel a dread for the world. Much less the earth.

May 3, 2011 at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home