Monday, May 23, 2011

Lengthening shadows and the first winter snows

It seems to me to have been a short autumn. All-the-more-so as after deciding on Sat. afternoon stroll at the nearby Snow Farm on the Pisa Range, I found there was a bit more snow around than I'd anticipated. It was quite a bonus really as along with the long shadows of the day, the presence of the white stuff adds light and contrast to an already stunning landscape.

A rare self portrait...
#alttext#

Meadow Hut in the upper reaches of the Roaring Meg...
#alttext#

I quite liked the two eyes in this rock...
#alttext#

The upper reaches of the Roaring Meg - Snow Farm Lodge water supply pump on the left...
#alttext#

#alttext#

Labels: , , ,

Share |

1 Comments:

Blogger Marg said...

Finally I feel as if I have time to drop in my own life again and part of that is having a look at your truly stunning photos. They're great. CHeers Marg

May 26, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home