Sunday, November 27, 2011

Friends for the weekend and at last a feeling of summer in Wanaka

I've just waved goodbye to my old mate Al., companion on many a trip in great mountains, and his two boys.

Sadly their mum passed on a couple of years ago and I'm not sure how or why, but this seems to have strengthened a bond I've always had with them. A very special one, and one I think they're aware of too, but can't yet articulate!

They were over from South Canterbury to compete in a yachting regatta, and I've never seen so many Optimist class boats down at Wanaka Yacht Club before, all so shiny, colourful and slick...#alttext#Nearby at Bullock Creek it was obvious the flavour of summer is now with us...#alttext#Young Nicos enjoys the Dinosaur Park playground...#alttext##alttext#On walking back up to my vehicle this scene caught my eye, comprised of the texture of grass, Californian Poppies and a power distribution box set against a nice typical westerly sky...#alttext#

Labels:

Share |

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home